JDot Unplugged

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Saturday Morning Rants

Ok. Wind me up, watch me spin.

Depressing technology: So, HD is here and you'd better damn well be ready. Those TV's you have, you know, the ones you've had since moving to college? They are no longer NORMAL enough for standard cable hook up. At least they won't be as early as February 2009 (which will seem like tomorrow believe me). So I keep seeing these commercials about how cable is going HD and I've got to call the number at the bottom of the screen to order a NEW AND IMPROVED cable box for my (now considered) LAME AND BASICALLY USELESS television. I haven't called the number yet out of sheer denial, candy coated with depression (not because of this as I kind of have my own thing going on) but I'm sure these boxes are not free. So, as an alternative to laying down big money on a tiny HD TV, I can settle for the set I have and get the box. That's NOT the kind of box I want to get.

The pool guy: Ok, people who have jobs and don't do them are lame. This may seem like an easily concluded statement, but the overall laziness of the working class everyman (or woman) in Southern California is really starting to mess with my positivity. "People just don't care" is what I think the bottom line is. But to their defense why should they? Oh yeah, BECAUSE IT'S YOUR FUKKING JOB! So our pool guy has a job. That job is to clean the pool. It's been getting warmer out and you know, we'd kind of like to use the pool. But this lazy bastard's been skimping on his 1 duty and our pool is constantly dirty. So the other day I wrote the lazy bitch a note. We'll see how long the upkeep lasts. (Why not just go with another pool guy? Exactly!)

Ok. That's enough rants for this morning. I need to step away from my ever present cloud of negativity (but if it's ever present how can you step away from it? I'm crafty) and start my day.

Happy Saturday you HD loving hords of modern technology (he typed while sitting in the living room listening to iTunes while typing on his MBPro after having played a game of baseball on his PS2. Yeah, I'm not a victim of cleaver gadgets).

1 comment:

Frybyrd said...

It's my understanding that you won't have to worry about this if you have cable or satellite, only if you are getting broadcast television from rabbit ears or a rooftop antenna.

Check out the FCC website for more info. I'm not 100% positive about this, but I'm pretty sure.