JDot Unplugged

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

#939 for the Man of Steal

For acquiring this image, I'd like to thank the following:
Ryan Reiter for suggesting to me that we go halves on MLB.TV back in 2005. I've had it every year since.

To the Milwaukee Brewers for being the closest professional baseball team to me during my adolescent years. You were there when I was young in stature, and you're there now when I'm young at heart.

To my Uncle Jim for buying me a Beckett Baseball Price Guide subscription in 1990. Shortly there after I began collecting Rickey Henderson cards relentlessly.

To MLB.TV for showing baseball history highlights on their website. I just came across Henderson's #939 video tonight and I think I could die tomorrow a happy man.

And finally to Rickey Henderson. For being Rickey, for being fast, for being the best he could be, for holding his own, for producing the numbers, for PROVIDING #24, for mastering the game, for being such an historical impact during my young years, and lastly for being a Hot Dog.

An unspoken philosophy I cling to is "give credit where credit is due." This self-indulgent reward speech attempts to do just that.

2 comments:

gdub said...

Henderson Sausage Logs.

JDot said...

GDub Cider.